WHO WE ARE:
SwipeSense is a healthcare technology company, our mission is to eliminate Hospital Acquired Infections, a leading cause of death in the United States. We design and market the only comprehensive hand-hygiene compliance monitoring solution which combines sensor networks with wearable technologies to provide a complete, long-term and cost-effective solution for healthcare institutions.
SwipeSense is a high-growth venture backed company headquartered in Chicago, IL
WHO WE NEED:
We are looking for an experienced, UX-minded visual designer who is able to distill user feedback and business requirements into delightful digital experiences. Successful candidates will share our design philosophies of purposeful, human-centered, and minimalist design, and have a portfolio of work that puts these philosophies into practice.
As the first dedicated designer on our team, the UX / Visual Designer will be the owner for the user interface for a variety of new features, products and company materials. The designer will collaborate with Product Management in the user experience / discovery process and will be responsible for going from mocked up design directions, to high-fidelity prototypes for engineering to execute on.
- Collaborate with product manager on user and field research to understand user needs and requirements.
- Engage internal teams to understand business and product requirements.
- Integrate user stories, field findings, customer and business requirements into distilled design solutions.
- Create wire-frames, diagrams and mock-ups to rapidly evaluate concepts.
- Responsible for qualitative and quantitative testing of designs to drive selections and improvements.
- Create interface specifications and documentation to effectively guide implementation, including high-fidelity mock-ups and production assets.
- Engage internal and external stakeholders for feedback and validation.
- Responsible for company design language, and applying it to deck templates, external documentation, collateral, etc…
- MFA or BA in Graphic Design, Interaction Design, Human-Computer Interaction, or related field. Self-taught candidates must have extensive experience.
- Significant experience with data visualization, interface and dashboard design.
- Strong portfolio demonstrating both a strong UI and visual design process.
- Experience with human or user centered design process.
- Expert with design software for creating mock-ups, wireframes, prototypes and production assets.
- Understanding of the web development process, and experience collaborating with developers, including creating clear specifications.
- Self-motivated, proactive and independent.
Please note: position is full-time, at our Chicago headquarters. Must be local or willing to relocate. SwipeSense offers competitive compensation, stock options and excellent medical and dental benefits. M/F/D/V