WHO WE ARE:
SwipeSense is a healthcare technology company, our mission is to eliminate Hospital Acquired Infections, a leading cause of death in the United States. We design and market the only comprehensive hand-hygiene compliance monitoring solution which combines sensor networks with wearable technologies to provide a complete, long-term and cost-effective solution for healthcare institutions.
SwipeSense is a high-growth venture backed company headquartered in Chicago, IL
WHO WE NEED:
We are looking for an experienced visual designer who is able to distill user feedback and business requirements into delightful digital experiences. Successful candidates will share our design philosophies of purposeful, human-centered, and minimalist design, and have a portfolio of work that puts these philosophies into practice.
As the first dedicated designer on our team, the UI / Visual Designer will be the owner for the user interface for a variety of new features, products and company materials. The designer will collaborate with Product Management in the user experience / discovery process and will be responsible for going from mocked up design directions, to high-fidelity prototypes for engineering to execute on.
- Collaborate with product manager on user and field research to understand user needs and requirements.
- Engage internal teams to understand business and product requirements.
- Integrate user stories, field findings, customer and business requirements into distilled design solutions.
- Create wire-frames, diagrams and mock-ups to rapidly evaluate concepts.
- Responsible for qualitative and quantitative testing of designs to drive selections and improvements.
- Create interface specifications and documentation to effectively guide implementation, including high-fidelity mock-ups and production assets.
- Engage internal and external stakeholders for feedback and validation.
- Responsible for company design language, and applying it to deck templates, external documentation, collateral, etc…
- MFA or BA in Graphic Design, Interaction Design, Human-Computer Interaction, or related field. Self-taught candidates must have extensive experience.
- Significant experience with data visualization, interface and dashboard design.
- Strong portfolio demonstrating both a strong UI and visual design process.
- Experience with human or user centered design process.
- Expert with design software for creating mock-ups, wireframes, prototypes and production assets.
- Understanding of the web development process, and experience collaborating with developers, including creating clear specifications.
- Self-motivated, proactive and independent.
Please note: position is full-time, at our Chicago headquarters. Must be local or willing to relocate. SwipeSense offers competitive compensation, stock options and excellent medical and dental benefits. M/F/D/V