WHO WE ARE:
SwipeSense is a healthcare technology company, our mission is to eliminate Hospital Acquired Infections, a leading cause of death in the United States. We design and market the only comprehensive hand-hygiene compliance monitoring solution which combines sensor networks with wearable technologies to provide a complete, long-term and cost-effective solution for healthcare institutions.
SwipeSense is a high-growth venture backed company headquartered in Chicago, IL
Transmission of hand-hygiene data in the SwipeSense system depends on site-installed linux servers that act as data relays. The System Administrator will be responsible for the deployment and ongoing management of the distributed communication hub network.
- Communicating with hospital IT staff to devise network configuration and requirements.
- Oversee and support the provisioning process of the linux-based communication hubs to connect to the hospital network, to be carried out by manufacturing partner.
- Responsible for the implementation and maintenance of communication hub VPN and remote server services.
- Use configuration management tools like puppet, chef, salt or ansible to manage software updates, new feature integration, and mesh firmware updates.
- Responsible for the ongoing monitoring and alerting related to com hub processes.
- Responsible for issue report generation, communicating issues with Account Management team and ongoing issue tracking.
- In the event of a system failure, go on-site to assist engineering in debugging the problem.
- BA, BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related field. Self taught candidates must have significant track record of related work.
- Minimum 4+ years related work experience.
- Background in IT and computing infrastructure management.
- Expert at navigating and configuring various flavors of linux with nothing but a bash console.
- Experience managing distributed computer networks.
- Use of cloud platforms such as ec2, digitalocean, or similar.
- Familiarity with remote management tools and distributed cluster management.
- Experience with chef/salt/puppet/ansible or similar.
- Experience with openvpn configuration and management.
- Familiarity with system monitoring tools like Nagios/Zabbix or similar.
- Proficient writer with experience in writing technical documentation.
- Debugging and testing experience.
Please note: position is full-time, at our Chicago headquarters. Must be local or willing to relocate. M/F/D/V